Account Manager - Job Details
Job in 'Sales' discipline and 'Sales executive: Other' category
|Job title:||Account Manager|
|Job category:||Sales executive: Other|
|Position status:||Filled||Min Salary (p/m):||R20000|
|Position type:||Permanent||Max Salary (p/m):||R25000|
|MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:-
To manage the relationship from the close of sale through to end of contract and onward renewal of a set of allocated customer accounts. To build the account in terms of revenue spend and breadth of services taken and work towards ensuring the renewal of all contracted service accounts.
• Increase revenue by maximising the opportunity to upsell and cross-sell to existing customers.
• To identify new business opportunities by means of sales leads and referrals.
Customer Relationship Management:
• To assume responsibility for the entire relationship with a customer, from the point that it is handed over from the sales team
• Work towards bedding in the account to ensure that all services are delivered that were originally agreed within the scope
• Ascertain the potential for future ‘cross selling’ opportunities in order to deliver the entire breadth of services available, e.g Creative services
• Ongoing account management on a timely and proactive manner, which will include regular telephone contact, physical visits to the customer premises on an agreed timescale
• Produce benchmarking reports to provide the customer with analysis of their e-mailing activity. Utilise this to identify and progress any opportunities to deliver further services or ad-hoc projects
• Proactively address any day to day issues that are escalated from the customer or the Client Services team and see through to resolution. Escalate where necessary to the Head of Client Development
• Plan and manage the renewal timetable for all the accounts within remit and proactively work towards securing the customer renewing their contract.
Technical Project Management & Client Support
• Identify opportunities within customer accounts to deliver further ad-hoc project work or respond to customer driven enquiries
• Work with the customer to develop the opportunity into a signed off project
• Work with the customer to scope the remit (scope of works) of the project, secure customer sign off prior to deployment
• Working to recognised billing rates, cost the project and provide pricing to the customer. Negotiate as is necessary to secure the work, however aiming to protect margin quotas within recognised parameters
• Liaise with any 3rd parties that are necessary to deliver the piece of work, for example web analytic organisations
• Involvement where required in migration projects
• Log all the necessary details on the internal portal regarding the project to enable colleagues to understand the work completed and the requirements going forward.
• Respond to any requests from either the customer or the Client Services team to trouble shoot specific issues.
• Thoroughly research the problem and apply best practice methods and practices to propose a resolution.
• Work with the customer to implement the agreed remedy.
Marketing/E-Commerce diploma or degree
Business and technical experience across sales and marketing preferably within the online marketing arena 4 to 6 years
Training 2 to 3 years
Financial Planning & Forcasting 2 to 3 years
Own reliable vehicle/valid driver's license
MS Office experienced
You are currently not logged in.
You will therefore not be able to view the complete list of requirements
for this job, nor will you be able to apply for it.
Please login above or register your details with us.