Sales Executive: Media - Job Details
Job in 'Sales' discipline and 'Sales Executive: Media' category
|Job title:||Sales Executive: Media|
|Job category:||Sales Executive: Media|
|Position status:||Filled||Min Salary (p/m):||R20000|
|Position type:||Permanent||Max Salary (p/m):||R23000|
|Our client is looking for an experienced sales person with a strong magazine/publishing background to take up the challenge of an Advertising Sales Executive based in Johannesburg, who will be responsible for selling of advertising space (ATL & BTL) for the magazine to agencies and direct clients in Johannesburg.
Selling Advertising space against set targets on a monthly basis
The sale of magazine advertising space against pre-determined targets. In performing this function, additional responsibilities will include:
• Regular communication with existing client base and canvassing of new clients.
• Compile sales presentations of proposals set around relevant magazine features, sales strategies or client needs and presenting this to clients.
• To meet and exceed the ATL and BTL advertising targets as set out by management each month and working closely with the HL sales team.
• To attend weekly sales meetings in order to monitor targets and feedback on the status of all clients.
• Understand and extract useful statistics in order to compile meaningful reports to management and/or presentations to clients.
• Develop comprehensive sales strategy to achieve targets under leadership of the Business Development Manager.
• Sell online / digital proposals to clients and or advertising for special projects or supplements as required by the Business Development Manager.
Sourcing of new business
• To be creative and innovative in attracting new advertisers to the magazines.
• To approach all potential clients relevant to the portfolio, and do regular personal presentations.
• To create a list of all potential advertisers and continually updating it.
• To strive to have all advertisers commit to long-term contracts.
Client liaison, customer service, networking and positive representation of the magazine
• To attempt to get advertisers to commit to annual contracts.
• To represent the magazine in Johannesburg by seeing clients on a regular basis and hosting them at relevant magazine events.
• Develop and maintain a database of all Johannesburg clients’ info.
• To build good working relationships with advertisers and agencies.
• Follow up on bookings and advertising material for clients within required deadline.
• Setting up client meetings / sales road shows.
• Editorial integration – Establish close relationship with editorial to build on sales opportunities
Support team in achieving high quality end product:
• Ensure that all CI’s and booking forms are in place, signed off and correct payment terms are adhered to with clients.
• Ensure a clear understanding of company booking terms & conditions.
• A commercial understanding of rates + offerings and discount structure allowed
• Feedback of any industry information or product information to management and editorial team that could benefit the reader.
• Utilize research tools (Amps, Adex) to develop meaningful sales strategies, new ideas and commercial advertising opportunities for the brand.
• Maintain visibility with clients and agencies (supported by regular visits etc).
|• Strong sales personality
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Professional and passionate about the brand
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Proactive, motivated and enthusiastic
• Presentation and relationship building skills
• Analytical mind and figure orientated
|• Tertiary qualification in sales & marketing an advantage
• 3 years relevant advertising sales experience
• Minimum 2 years Magazine/Publishing experience an advantage
• Established client relationships at a senior level
• Computer literate: Good understanding of programmes such as Excel (graphs/formulas), Powerpoint, Adex, AMPS.
• Able to attend client functions during and after hours
• Own Transport with valid drivers license
• Able to travel nationally when required
You are currently not logged in.
You will therefore not be able to view the complete list of requirements
for this job, nor will you be able to apply for it.
Please login above or register your details with us.