Senior Training Superintendent (Mining) - Job Details
Job in 'Other' discipline and 'Other' category
|Job title:||Senior Training Superintendent (Mining)|
|Position status:||Filled||Min Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|Position type:||Contract||Max Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|An leading mining company, based in the DRC, is looking for a Technical Training Superintendent - to manage and motivate a team of technical trainers (artisans and process) - a metallurgical background is required / strong exposure to metallurgy or plant processes|
|Info and Duties:
1. This is an underground mine, low depth of about 285m and not yet in operation – we are still dewatering hence a good time to train our employees.
2. The mine is associated with a larger mine situated in the DRC which has a sound training department and infrastructure already in place and from where a fair amount of training procedures, modules and material will be either sourced or developed.
3. The incumbent must have knowledge of underground operations and have worked in similar environment.
4. The mine employs approximately 450 people.
5. Client is looking for a self-starter with sound training background, a proven solid training record with verifiable references, minimum of level 4 certificate. An assessor certificate would be an advantage.
6. Training disciplines to be implemented and managed by the incumbent on the site will have to cover but must is not limited to: Safety training, Inductions, Artisans (Mechanical and Electrical) training, technical training of operators on the mine, drivers training, Supervisors coaching. A lot of the required modules are already in place although the incumbent must be capable of developing training material.
7. We are in a different cultural environment than South Africa and the incumbent must have the profile to work in a mixed cultural environment without prejudices.
8. The spoken language in the country is French although the administrative language of the mine is in English. A knowledge of French would be an advantage.
9. Computer literacy is a prerequisite.
10. Leave: 35 days per year, excluding weekends, and 12 free travel day per year.
11. Flight allowance is at $5500/year for all employees – DRC is a 2h10mn flight from JHB.
12. Salary is negotiable and will be based on the incumbent training knowledge and skills, outside exposure and overall mine experience.
No chancers, please!!
International driver's license
Responsiblility free to accept a given period contract outside of South Africa
No criminal record
You are currently not logged in.
You will therefore not be able to view the complete list of requirements
for this job, nor will you be able to apply for it.
Please login above or register your details with us.
- SEO Brand Team Lead
Last updated [13 days ago]
- Group Account Director
Last updated [23 days ago]
- Graphic Designer
Last updated [51 days ago]
Last updated [86 days ago]
- Insights and Business Developer
Last updated [122 days ago]
- Market Insights and Business Developer
Last updated [127 days ago]
- Market Research
Last updated [130 days ago]
- Sales & Marketing Executive: Online/digitalMedia
Last updated [140 days ago]
- Business analyst
Last updated [141 days ago]
- New business development: Corporate & Fleet marketer
Last updated [146 days ago]